56% of millennials think they're in a "quarter-life crisis."
A recent study found that 56% of adults aged 25-35 are having a "quarter-life crisis" due to the quality and direction of their lives. (1)
If you're stressed, overwhelmed and struggling to cope in any of these areas:
- Living situation
- Romantic relationship
- Social life
- Career prospects
You might be in quarter-life crisis, too.
Just because it's simple, doesn't mean it's easy.
Start your first step: Get clarity on your present.
Why is clarity the first step?
Are you struggling to take action to improve your life and achieve your goals?
Are you unsure what your goals even are?
Does the future intimidate and overwhelm you?
Then it's time for a Whole Life Inventory.
The Clarity Quiz is a ten-minute exercise that guides you out of anxiety and overwhelm and into a calm, rational assessment of each of the most important areas of your life.
The Quiz helps you understand:
- What's working
- What's not working
- What problem to solve first
- What options you have
I'm here to help you design a future you're excited about using my North Star Method of life design.
In 2015, I took a blind leap into journalism. Less than a year later, the company ran into financial troubles and laid me off.
I was devastated.
As I struggled to make ends meet as a freelance writer, despair started to creep in.
"This is so hard." "How am I going to make ends meet?" "Do I even want to be a writer?" "Everyone I know is doing so great and I don't even have a job."
As my bank account drained, my relationship frayed, and my mind filled with terror, I realized something: I was letting my emotions run the show and I needed to get strategic.
This is how the North Star Method was born.
I took a good hard look at my life. The beautiful and the ugly. I asked myself the eight hard questions in the Whole Life Inventory about what was working and what wasn't.
Then, armed with that clear view of the present I asked myself one last simple question: What do I want my future to look like?
I dreamed big and identified some exciting, scary goals for my life. But instead of letting fear or intimidation paralyze me, I immediately sketched out a plan to get there and got to work.
It was hard. I made so many mistakes. I had so many setbacks. But I made my dream real.
Now, I have a 6-figure job in a field I enjoy – and recruiters trying to poach me every week. I have a happy marriage with a partner who treats me well. I own a gorgeous home in a neighborhood I love. I have friends who support and encourage me.
Before, I was downtrodden and hopeless. Now, I'm happy.
Now you can benefit from my trial and error.
On the way to building my happy, I had a lot of twists and turns. They cost me precious time, money, energy, and emotion.
I want to give you a streamlined path to your happy.
That's the North Star Method.
And it starts with the Whole Life Inventory's seven key questions.
You can build a life you're proud and excited to live.
You don't have to go it alone anymore. You don't have to figure it all out by yourself.
Everything you need to lead a happy life is already inside of you. You just need some help bringing it forward.
That's where coaching comes in.
Together, we won't just bring your values and goals to the surface. We'll organize them into an action plan, and create sustainable strategies and habits that will help you build and maintain a life you love.
What will you get out of the North Star Method of life coaching?
- A deep sense of awareness of yourself and your present
- A clear purpose and vision for your life
- A calm, rational view of your present obstacles
- A straightforward plan to get you to your desired future
- A powerful set of habits, routines, and behaviors that drive sustained progress toward your goals
The North Star Process:
Phase 1: Assess your present and envision your future
During this phase, we'll focus on getting clarity on what's is and isn't working in your present.
- Get to know each other and determine how best to customize the program for your individual needs
- Identify and replace any mental blocks, toxic beliefs, or false stories holding you back
- Identify sabotaging habits, reflexes, and relationships and create a plan to minimize them
- Create emotion management strategies to minimize anxiety, sadness, or anger related to your present challenges
- Complete your Whole Life Inventory to achieve a calm, rational view of your present
We close out this phase by visualizing an ideal future for you that you can use to direct your daily actions.
- Replace negative comparison habits with positive role modeling habits
- Identify your most closely held and deeply felt values
- Identify and replace beliefs that limit your view of what's possible
- Choose a time-period to use as a frame for your ideal future vision
- Create your Courageous Life Vision
- Break your ideal future vision into specific individual goals
Phase 2: Design a path to get from where you are to your ideal future
During this phase, we'll design your Milestone Map by working our way backward from your Courageous Life Vision to your present.
- Break your Courageous Life Vision goals into smaller intermediary goals
- Attach timelines to your intermediary goals
- Identify and strategize around anticipated obstacles
- Design a clear action plan to achieve each goal
Phase 3: Create habits, routines, and behaviors that drive sustained progress toward your goals
In this phase, we create your Virtuous Cycle of Success by retraining your reflexes and reorganizing your life so that progress comes easily.
- Reexamine your mindset to shift further away from mental blocks, toxic beliefs, or false stories
- Identify and improve environmental factors holding you back
- Identify and evaluate challenging relationships limiting your progress
- Implement powerful hacks to improve the way you think, talk, and make decisions around your goals
- Set up feedback loops to keep you from going off track
- Identify and dismantle any unforeseen obstacles or challenges
What does coaching look like?
Each coaching package includes:
- A customized program to suit your needs and priorities
- 6 one-hour coaching calls
- Unlimited email support
- Lifetime access to the North Star Method workbook (including future updates)
Coaching calls happen on your schedule and at your pace.
(1) 2018 University of Greenwich study, commissioned by First Direct Bank